A C++ wrapper for the LHAPDF library
library provides a set of C++ wrapper functions for its Fortran subroutines. New users should browse this documentation and take a look at the
example program source files, which are good examples of how the wrapper is used.
wrapper has been improved in several ways for the LHAPDF
- String passing to the Fortran functions from C++ now correctly passes the hidden length argument, fixing problems on 64 bit systems;
LHAPDFWrap class has been deprecated in favour of a set of wrapper functions in the
LHAPDF namespace. The class interface was misleading, since no persistent state was involved and two class instances would not have been independent;
- Proper C++
std::string arguments can now be used for set names:
char* string arguments can still be passed, due to implicit conversion via the string(char*) constructor.
- Originally by Stefan Gieseke.
- Adapted for LHAPDFv4 by Mike Whalley.
- Adapted for LHAPDFv5 by Craig Group/Mike Whalley.
- v5.4: Fortran portability, tidying, extensions and conversion to namespaced functions by Andy Buckley.
- v5.4.1: Rationalised init functions and deprecated "M" functions by Andy Buckley.
- v5.5.1: Added PDFSetInfo set metadata struct, and associated querying based on reading the PDFsets.index file.